Benefits of Becoming an ISDA Member.
As with any decision in business, it is important to weigh and understand the benefits you will receive from becoming a Member. Listed below is a brief overview of these benefits.
1. By joining the ISDA family as a Member, you will have access to over 50 Member Owners within the industry. You are never alone and can get ideas, advice, and help from other owners if needed. ISDA HQ can also assist you in securing information from various sources to help grow your business and resolve issues.
2. You will have instant credit and access to over 35 Endorsed Business Partners, who provide their most favored pricing and support to the group. ISDA handles the billing for many of our Business Partners, which guarantees them prompt payment and ensures a good credit standing for you as a Member. We also publish a fully interactive Endorsed Business Partner Resource Finder. It is a searchable, interactive PDF utilized by
Members to reference Business Partners and their products.
3. ISDA produces and assists Members with their marketing. We have both passive and active marketing materials and programs available.
Passive marketing –
- Our ISDA web site is SEO-optimized with keyword search capability and
a dedicated expert looking after it. It produces great leads for our
- We subsidize the production of various marketing materials, including but
not limited to literature, videos and email campaigns for Member use.
Active marketing –
- ISDA Marketing has also developed a series of email marketing and
video programs for our membership to use, geared specifically to
connect end user groups that the individual ISDA Members want to
target. Some are product-specific, many are industry-specific, and a
few are manufacturer-specific.
- Subsidized Email Blasts with our BP’s branded materials.
- Subsidized DRIP campaigns with targeted industries and longitudinal planning, which works symbiotically with subsidized Construction Market Data Reports subscribed to by the majority of our membership.
- Videos to address industry concerns.
- ISDA APP for use in the field by all salespeople – sales material at their finger-tips when they are in front of a prospect – on their smartphones.
- ISDA Marketing assists each Member that subscribes by mining their
databases and launching campaigns. In 2018, we helped just 10
Members reach 29,000 contacts with over 1,000,000 email hits – great results!
4. We have periodic webinar training with Business Partners. ISDA also has a Sales Coach under contract, Jim Ryerson of Sales Octane, to assist our Members with training needs. He attends most of our annual meetings to teach and re-train our salespeople as requested.
5. ISDA also provides subsidized rates with Hilti, Inc. on anchors and tools and low rates on CMD reports for construction leads. The latter is highly valuable if used by Members in conjunction with our ISDA DRIP marketing programs (and on freight rates across the country with C.H. Robinson).
6. Last and perhaps most important, ISDA encourages and provides face-to-face access to many of our Endorsed Business Partners and other Members at our annual Shareholder/Dealer meetings held each October. You will meet many Business Partners exhibiting their products and introducing new concepts. You will have time to engage in discussions and talk with other Members about their best practices, successes, and things to avoid.
It is a very valuable and enjoyable time for our participants. We are united together as the International Systems Dealers Association to help each other sell more, save more, and – in the end – to have better businesses!